Israel blocks entry of all humanitarian aid into Gaza | BBC News

5 months ago

Duration: 4:58

Israel has blocked the entry of all humanitarian aid into Gaza, demanding Hamas agree to a US plan for a ceasefire extension. The first phase of the ceasefire expired on Saturday, and Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said Hamas had so far refused to accept a temporary extension under a proposal by Donald Trump's envoy, Steve Witkoff. A Hamas spokesman said blocking supplies to Gaza was "cheap blackmail”, and urged mediators to intervene. The initial phase of the ceasefire halted 15 months of fighting between Hamas and the Israeli military, allowing the release of 33 Israeli and five Thai hostages for about 1,900 Palestinian prisoners and detainees. But negotiations on phase two, including the release of all remaining living hostages and the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Gaza, have barely begun. Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/1rbfUog For more news, analysis and features visit: www.bbc.com/news #Israel #Gaza #BBCNews

Views
101.80K
Likes
1,298
Comments
2,205

Disclaimer: The data displayed in this charts is based on public statistics collected from third-party partners. These figures are processed and estimated independently, and are not sourced from YouTube or its official API. This chart is for informational purposes only and should not be considered official YouTube analytics.

Title history

Date Title
27.03.2025 03:02:49 Israel blocks entry of all humanitarian aid into Gaza | BBC News

Thumbnail history

Date Thumbnail
02.03.2025 13:39:35 Israel blocks entry of all humanitarian aid into Gaza | BBC News